Our Doctrinal Beliefs
Above all else our church proclaims the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is that through the work of Jesus, God makes sinful man at peace with him when they trust in Christ exclusively.
Here is a brief summary of what our church believes:
- The Bible is the very word of God, is without error, and is sufficient for every problem of life.
- God is One, yet he exists in three persons as the Trinity--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is holy, sovereign, and good.
- God created man as male and female in his own image to serve and fellowship with him.
- Man rebelled against his creator, breaking that intended fellowship, and thus sin has affected every person. Man is justly condemned, therefore, and is destined for hell without the saving intervention of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus is both fully God and fully man. He lived a perfect life as the promised Messiah, died as the substitute for man, rose from the grave in victory over sin and death, and ascended to heaven. He will one day return to earth to reign indisputably.
- Through Christ, God has provided salvation for those who turn from their sin and believe exclusively in the saving power of Jesus. No other way to God exists. The wrath of God on sin has been satisfied through Christ's work. Believers in Christ are at peace with God and are bought by a high price, thus motivating his people to live holy lives by his grace.
- The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son, and he ministers today as an advocate for believers, convicting of sin and interceding on their behalf. The Spirit provides gifts to believers in Christ for the sake of ministry to one another. The sufficiency of Scripture, however, makes continuing sign gifts unnecessary for the believer.
- The church is the community of true believers in this day, and it exists to glorify God through exalting Christ, proclaiming gospel truth to lost sinners, and edifying other Christians.