Our Doctrinal Beliefs
Above all else our church proclaims the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Through Christ’s death for our sins and resurrection, God can make sinful people to be at peace with Him when they repent and trust in Jesus Christ.
Here is a brief summary of what our church believes:
- The Bible is the very word of God, without error, and sufficient for every problem of life.
- God is One, yet He exists in three Persons as the Trinity–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is holy, sovereign, and good.
- God created man as male and female in His own image to serve and fellowship with Him.
- Man rebelled against His Creator, which broke his perfect relationship with Him. As a result, sin has corrupted every person. Man is justly condemned and destined for Hell without the saving intervention of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus is both fully God and fully man. He lived a perfect life as the promised Messiah, died as the Substitute for man, rose from the grave in victory over sin and death, and ascended to Heaven. He will one day return to earth to reign indisputably.
- Through Christ, God has provided salvation for those who turn from their sin (repent) and believe exclusively in the saving power of Jesus. No other way to God exists. The wrath of God against sinful man has been satisfied through Christ’s work. Believers in Christ have been bought with a high price, which motivates His people to live holy lives by his grace.
- The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son. He ministers today by advocating for believers, convicting them of their sins, and interceding for them. The Spirit provides gifts to believers in Christ for ministry towards one another. The sufficiency of Scripture makes continuing sign gifts unnecessary for the believer.
- The Church is the community of true believers in this day. It exists to glorify God through exalting Christ, proclaiming Gospel truth to lost sinners, and edifying other Christians.